Currently - January 2021

  Rothy's $20 off your first pair. 😍  https://share.rothys.com/x/j8kXLg

Currently Issue - July 2020




Currently is a monthly update on what I'm reading, following, working on, listening to, etc... 

If you'd like this template for your own use open it here make your own copy and get to typin' !


Books: 

I'm currently reading Learner-Centered Innovation: Spark Curiosity, Ignite Passion, and Unleash Genius by Katie Martin, this book has been really enjoyable, and feels less like a mandatory read, and more like a fun reflective read. I'm reading it as part of my master's course, and I also know some teachers that have read it with their staff as a book study.
I'm also reading The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins, this is a long overdue (in my opinion) follow up of The Hunger Games trilogy. I'm only a few chapters in, but so far so good. I wish I'd reread the Hunger Games, as I am having to stretch my brain a bit to remember some people and details, but overall it's been really good so far.

I just wrapped up Visible Learning for Teachers by John Hattie
This book gave me a lot to think about. The key focus I took from this book was ownership. Students owning their learning, even when mistakes are made. Teachers owning their teaching, even when we make mistakes. Administrators owning their choices and being able to explain to their staff in a purposeful way "why". I learned after the fact that there was a book 1 called Visible Learning, so maybe I should have read that one first... whoops... 

Blogs:

Once upon a time I had a blog of my own, that was kind of a hodgepodge of ideas. I'm trying to find new teacher blogs to follow for some inspiration and ideas on how to keep this blog focused on education. If I'm not able to fully focus the blog in an educational way, I'd like to have it organized in a way that still supports teachers both in the classroom and at home. http://sparklinginsecondgrade.com/
https://thecornerstoneforteachers.com/
https://www.learninginwonderland.com/


Twitter:

Read my thoughts here --> Mrs.Ramsey's Twitter Diary

This list is who I've started following lately and have gained some great insight from: Leaving the Village - @LeavingVillage
The Concious Kid - @conciouskidlib
Kansas NEA - @kneanews


Goals:

Mrs. Ramsey is giving yoga a try. It’s been a fun experience so far! I’m following a few sites on Instagram and using Amazon Video for instruction at home.   Here is the link if you'd like to try! https://www.amazon.com/15-Minute-Yoga-Flow-1-0-Workout/dp/B079PCFXBG


Instagram:

In conjunction with my goals above I've started following these two yoga sites for inspiration and tips: @yoga_girl and @sumitsyogaspringfield My teacher gram, if you'd like to follow, is @mrs.ramsey.eats.and.teaches


Listening:

I’m currently listening to Gabe explain Pokemon to Annie. I’ve been really into The Judds lately. Something about their twangy harmony makes me happy. Also, pretty excited about The (Dixie) Chicks newest album coming out!  Here's what I am stuck in my head right now:



0 comments